Monday, January 31, 2011

Why I love worms, Worm composting (vermicomposting )

So I was thinking how could I possibly make my own fertilizer and save some cash? One of the solutions I came across was worm composting. Worm composting is a method for recycling food waste into a rich, dark, earth-smelling soil conditioner. The worms will eat fruit and vegetable peels, pulverized egg shells, tea bags and coffee grounds, And also require a bedding of shredded newspaper and cardboard, shredded fall leaves, chopped-up straw and other dead plants, seaweed, sawdust, dried grass clippings, aged manure and peat moss.

How-to: worm composting links




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.